Design by Raf Reyes: A contemporary twist on the unequal balance of power and weaponry between modern-day era players/actors taking the street to make their voices heard. Old vs. new antagonism dear to RAF’s heart. The samurai swaggers and snarls to brilliant cathartic effect in classic, tightly paced, beautifully composed Japanese filmography generally. In this pre-launch VERYRARE™ piece, inspired by movies wherein jaded samurais help idealistic groups of young warriors weed out their clan's evil influences. Again, the process turns the anteriorly commonly-accepted image of a proper samurai on its ear.
The back quote 'danger always strikes when everything seems fine' was chosen for its peculiar resonance in today's times.
Mixed media collage on garment. Digital to analog layering of 20+ visuals total (prints, embroidery, patches…). Short sleeve jersey shirt, hand-sewn with a crewneck profile, rib knit collar. Slightly cropped, relaxed|boxy fit, bio washed. Heavyweight 210gsm premium cotton fabric, made with a super combed cotton blend to achieve the softest handfeel producible. “Sword Whirlwind” abstract shape and texts (front) + quote (back) printed entirely with eco-friendly water-based inks fusing naturally with the fabrics. Double needle + tonal stitching (high stitch density for smooth finish) for durability. Trademarked bloodstain-shaped splatter and undereye angioma embroideries. Black & red cross-embroidered bullet hole front print contour, signature1996 red embroidery at the back. 19000 stitches all embroideries total (back & front). Woven external tag. Interior satin label sewn to a counter-patch to leave no stitch marks at the back.
Named and numbered with each garment serial+drop no° purposely limited to 21 — in line with our VERYRARE™ ’quattromotto’: quality, rarity, singularity & sustainability. Carmine red silk thread embroidery used for our VR-iD artwear finish (offered at no additional costs).
True size or slightly oversized look recommended. Unisex garment.
• True size or slightly oversized look recommended. Unisex garment.
• Machine wash cold and iron inside out avoiding the print. Do not machine dry.
☞ All of our products are custom embroidered by hand. Please allow 2-3 days for us to create your garment after you purchase. We promise to always ship it out no later than 5 days after ordering.
☞ Shipping Fees:
- We offer free shipping worldwide for all orders above 90€
- For paid delivery, we give different shipping options upon checkout. Final price depends on delivery time and locations (whether Pick-up & Go or home delivery).
☞ All customers will receive tracking details via email upon dispatch, and are expected to monitor tracking progress for any delivery exceptions. Shipping carriers are selected based on the most efficient delivery for each order (cost+quickness).
☞ Returns & Exchanges:
- As we hand-embroider your clothes with your own initials, we neither accept returns nor exchanges for the VR-iD items you'd have emblazoned. All sales final.
- If you want to be left with the possibility for returns or exchanges, please leave the VR-iD field (for your initials) as blank, so that we don't customize your very own artwear artwork. However, we do not recommend this option as we found it of a much lesser value for our VERYRARE™ customers.
- Any problem during shipping will of course lead to compensation.